The role of Ancillary Assistant will require you to work in any of the following areas, Housekeeping, Kitchen or in the laundry. Duties may include:-
- Maintain excellent levels of cleanliness throughout the home, including residents bedrooms, bathrooms, lounges and public areas.
- You will be required to order and maintain stock levels for consumable cleaning materials.
- Support the Cook in the preparation of food
- Washing up and adhering to the cleaning schedule for the kitchen
- To advise the Cook of stock requirements
- Maintain high standards of hygiene within the kitchen
- When working in the laundry, ensuring that resident’s personal belongings, bedding and towels are laundered to a high standard in accordance with care labels.
Whilst no previous experience of working with older people is essential, as full training will be given, it is essential that you are compassionate, caring and have a desire to work in a care environment.