Contract: 16 hours per week
As a Kitchen Assistant you will support the Cook in preparing nutritionally balanced meals for our residents.
Although previous experience in catering would be an advantage, we are seeking an applicant with an enthusiastic and a flexible “can do” approach, with the ability to deliver consistent excellence.
In return, we can offer full training and the opportunity for career progression.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Ability to assist in all areas of the kitchen, under direction and guidance, providing quality meals.
- Undertake kitchen porter duties as required: hygienically cleaning pots, pans & utensils, cleaning & sanitising work surfaces, chiller & refrigerators, collecting deliveries, deep cleaning equipment & kitchen in general.
- Assist in maintaining the agreed standards of hygiene laid down in departmental procedures and as defined under current legislation.
- Be able to cover the role of the cook in their absence.
The successful applicant will:
- Have an interest in good, healthy, nutritious food.
- Have the ability to work efficiently and quickly.
- Enjoys being part of a team.
- Has high standards of personal hygiene.
Just some of the benefits that we can offer are:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Free uniform.
- Free Parking.
- Free WIFI in staff areas.
- Free tea, coffee & toast for staff breaks.
- Free training & ongoing support.
- Paid Holidays.
- Access to the work based pension scheme.
Post will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, suitable references & the right to work in the UK. (Post will include working some weekends on a rota basics)
For a full job description and an application form, please contact email@example.com